The Photography Group
Led by Jennie – Tel 01726 824272
This group meets once a month, usually on the first Thursday. Various locations are chosen throughout the year by the Group. Any lifts are arranged when needed.
Indoor sessions at Crantock Village Hall are also held from time to time and this gives members a chance to discuss any problems with the more experienced members of the Group.
A photography competition, judged by expert photographers, is held six times a year, culminating in a ‘Winner of Winners’ Trophy.
03.05.18 Enys Gardens, nr Falmouth
07.06.18 Porfell Wildlife Park
05.07.18 Show and Tell – Crantock Village Hall
02.08.18 Crantock Village Hall Kath’s Workshop
06.09.18 Carn Brea/Redruth Grammar School
04.10.18 To be Decided – Par Beach?
01.11.18 Crantock Village Hall – Prog Planning
06.12.18 Christmas Lights – Cubert and Surround.
The photograph judged ‘first’ by an ‘expert’ – Peter Bland, from Lostwithiel U3A, and a Professional Photographer, will go forward to an ‘end of year’ Winner of Winners, to be judged by David Chapman, and a trophy will be awarded.
Specified Dates and Photography Subjects
(to be handed in by:-)
Tuesday, 8th May – Sport
Tuesday, 10th July – Humour
Tuesday, 11th September – Abstract
Tuesday, 13th November – Decay
Tuesday, 8th January 2019 – Night Scene
Award of Trophy – Tuesday, 14th May, 2019 at U3A AGM.
Competition Rules 2018
- The Competition is open to all members of the Photography Group.
- Photographs may be taken world-wide (unless stipulated), and from 1st January, 2010, when the Photography Group was formed.
- One photograph to be entered on or before the specified date in colour or black and white.
- Names must be on the back of the photograph.
- Size of the photograph to be A4 or less and any enhancement must be declared on the back.
- The photograph judged ‘first’ by an ‘expert’ – Paul Bland, from Lostwithiel U3A, and a Professional Photographer, will go forward to an ‘end of year’ Winner of Winners, to be judged by David Chapman, and a trophy will be awarded.
Photos shown here are:-
Portrait by Kath Woolcock
Carn Brea by Dave Morey
The Watercress Line by Alan Richardson
Harvest Mouse by Jennie Barnes
Aerial Scene by Marion Clark